2002–2008 Capella University (Online) Minneapolis, MN
· Master of Science, General Psychology.
· Maintained 3.9 GPA throughout program
· Some course work included: social psychology, inferential statistics, multi-cultural perspectives, cognitive psychology, psychology of learning, lifespan development
1994-1997 Brigham Young University Provo, UT
· Bachelor of Arts, English teaching-maintained 3.6 GPA throughout program
· Course work included: British and American literature, introduction to English language, literature for adolescents, perspectives of American literature, history of the English language, grammar and usage, microcomputers in school, multi-cultural and exceptional education, Shakespeare, intro to folklore, teaching reading, senior seminar: Thomas Hardy, Spanish, and student teaching.
· Course work taken after graduation from BYU through independent study includes: reading and writing poetry, abnormal psychology, speech, methods of speech and drama, and writing your life.
1992-1994 Ricks College Rexburg, ID
· Associates of Arts, English-maintained 3.6 GPA throughout program
· Course work included: Composition, creative writing, introduction to literature, analytical reading, literature interpretation, critical writing and research, perspectives of English literature, Spanish
1997– West Jefferson High School Terreton, ID
High School English Teacher
· Teach a variety of classes including: Psychology, Freshman-Senior English, honors Jr. English, speech, advanced speech, creative writing, sociology, advanced speech, poetry, and drama
· Been advisor for leadership, Honor Society, drama, class advisor, and journalism
· Have helped plan curriculum for our English classes, helped implement honors courses, participated in the F.L.A.D program, graduated from Methods of Teaching class offered through District #91 last summer, taught at our school in-services and also at Idaho Falls conference, on quality teacher committee and calendar committee
· Common Coaching training through the state of Idaho-Region 6
· Coached basketball, volleyball, and softball
2010- BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii Rexburg, Hawaii
Part-time Online English Instructor
· Teach online English 101 for BYU-Idaho and BYU-Hawaii. Also taught English 106 for BYU-Idaho
· Facilitate students, participate in online office hours, work in brain-honey and canvas instructure online classrooms, build assignments and due dates, enter grades online, grade papers, work with students, e-mail weekly reports, create training and teaching podcasts, work in online faculty groups. Classes through BYU-Hawaii are literature based including sections in poetry, fiction, and research based literary writing. Classes through BYU-Idaho are composition based and include narrative, persuasive, problem-solution, research writing, critical thinking, and argumentative.
2009-2010 Rehabilitative Health Services Idaho Falls, ID
Part-time PSR Worker
· Work with one client to help control and improve on clinical plan set up by agency
· Help monitor, do paperwork activities in relation to client
· Attend various training sessions to learn more about PSR work
2000-2004, 2008,2012 Idaho Falls, Ririe, Rexburg, and Hamer, ID
Community Education Instructor and Volunteer Work
· Teach English classes to Hispanic adults every Wednesday using Daily Dose program through the church, however there is no church affiliation involved
· Worked in Jr. Miss program conducting mock interviews, judging scholastics, and also have judged various pageants in the area
· Taught a variety of adult education classes including: poetry, organization, crocheting, marriage ideas, and creative writing
· Taught at BYU-Idaho Education week program that they have in the summer
2000-2005 State of Idaho Boise, ID
ICTE Board Member
· Attend all meetings and make decisions regarding issues related to English in the state of Idaho
· Helped co-chair for Idaho Falls conference in 2004 and was responsible for finding presenters, registration and booklet paperwork, set-up and clean-up, and scheduling
· Presented five times at various ICTE conferences including topics on global learning/differentiated instruction, book report helps, writing, poetry, and journaling
Just so you can get to know a little bit more about me, I hope you will take the time to read this bio section. I am a lefty who was born on Christmas and married a Christmas Eve baby. We are one year apart and so on Christmas Eve we are the same age. Our holidays get a little busy and stressful, but it is always one big party. My husband and I have been married for 17 years, and I think we would both agree we were the best decision we both have ever made. We love being married and have so much fun together. Our adventures in life have included school and travel and family and work. We love to be busy, and we love to do everything together. My husband is a Clinical Lab Technician and also the lab manager. He has done this job for about eight years. We have two wonderful children that were adopted from Texas and California. Our little boy Peyton is 10 going on 20. He loves tractors, going with his grandpa, anything to do with farming, playing the piano and clogging, and being very creative with toys and play. We call him our high spirited and high maintenance child, but what a joy he is when he is happy! Our little girl Sonnet just turned seven. She had a really rough start for a year of her life. She has a survivor spirit, she is very stubborn (in a good way), she loves to get into big brothers toys. She plays so quietly and so well. She loves music, clogging, and piano. She loves animals and toys. She has a happy, vibrant and creative imagination that helped her survive a very rough first year of life. She is a dream and very easy to have in our home. We love both of them very much and enjoy the adventures we have with them. We live in the same small town that I grew up in. It is a great place for kids to have a magical childhood.
I am a Ricks College and BYU graduate. I have an English teaching major and coaching minor. After teaching high school for about seven years, I decided I wanted to be the first person in my family to get a master’s degree. I received a psychology master’s degree from Capella Online University. I did the whole degree online while teaching. I love being a teacher and I’ve taught high school at this same high school I attended for the last 17 years. I’ve taught just about any English and speech class that can be taught. I also teach psychology, creative writing, drama, and leadership. It is a small high school and so I’ve also been in charge of just about every activity and coached every girls’ sport that could be coached. I’ve loved it all, but have slowed down since my own children are now getting involved in school and activities.
My interests include reading anything and everything (nonfiction- especially women’s issues and world issues are my interests right now), writing, writing poetry, teaching anything, teaching gospel doctrine at church (Yes, I love it!), gardening, taking on big projects, doing fun things with my extended family, traveling, working in my yard, online scrapbooking, photography, and my new obsession and love is cooking but mostly learning about it. I wish there was an online culinary school! :-) I love to learn anything new. I love being busy and having a lot of things going on. I try to get all I can out of life each day.